Proverbs 3 American Standard Version (ASV)
1 My son, forget not my laws; But let they heart keep my commandments; 2 For length of days, and years of life, And peace, will they add to thee. 3 Let not kindness and truth forsake thee; Bind them about thy neck; Write them upon the tablet of thy heart; 4 So shalt thou find favor and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
Awards & Recognition
- 1996 Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary – Recognition – “How to Develop A Church or Parachurch with an HIV/ADS Ministry”
- 1996 National Association of Social Workers – Award – Public Citizen of the Year – by Honorable Donna Shalala-Secretary of Health and Human Services U.S. Congress
- 1997 Islands of Excellence-A Congressional Strategy for Community Renewal – Recognition- The Gathering Place recognized by Congressman Joseph Pitts, 16th Congressional District of PA in U.S. Congress *Policy Review The Journal of American Citizenship pub. The Heritage Foundation Mar . Apr. 1997
- 1997 American Christian Patriot Award- Dayspring Christian Academy
- 2000 Appreciation for the many Years of Dedicated Service to HIV Community in Lancaster PA -Award- Betty Finney House of Lancaster PA
- 2004 The White House Conference on Faith-Based Community Initiatives – Recognition – Leading a workshop on International Programs and HIV/AIDS Successful Partnerships- Jim Towey, Director of the Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives The White House Washington D.C.
- 2004 “A Small Good Thing” by Anne Hunsaker Hawkins – Recognition- Published Book -Stories of Children with HIV and Those Who Care For Them – With Names of People and Places changed regarding confidentiality….”Here are the haunting and quite affecting stories of children struggling for life against great odds-aided in so doing by truly thoughtful, kindly, generous caretakers-a remarkable narative of courage and resourcefulness, poignantly and lucidly rendered.” Robert Coles, M.D., renowned child psychiatrist and Pulitzer Prize winning author.
- 2009 Recognition of Excellence in Ethical Business Practices for Non-Profit – Recogntion – Samartan Counseling Center